To provide a consulting service that fire departments, manufacturers and other leaders within the fire service can rely on for educated, well-vetted information and advice regarding the movement of water from hydrant to nozzle.
EXAMPLES OF WHAT WE DO
- We work with the Local utility district to understand the water delivery infrastructure that exits in your jurisdiction - this drives much of the balance of our process.
- Review of current apparatus specifications including compartment design, pump design, plumbing layout and hose bed configuration.
- Comparison of predominant construction and fire problem to styles of hose load, quantities of hose carried and nozzle selection.
- Discussion and advice on the most reliable types of nozzles and appliances.
- Evaluation of in-service hose stock for warranty issues or other defects that could impede water flow.
- Education on how to conduct a thorough in-house test of new hose to ensure durability.
- Discussion and consulting to determine accurate friction loss for in-service hose, layout and design of pump operator charts.
- Review mid-rise to high-rise procedures and provide feedback on best practices regarding attack packages and building supply.